Monday, September 03, 2007

Really really bad joke

The other night, like 1.00 am night, I watched the World Championships women's marathon. After it was over the Italian Television did an interview with the winner Catherine Ndereba. I had to translate for P:

Me: She said that it wasn't her actually running the marathon but rather Jesus Christ running in her place...

Him: Can't she be disqualified for that?

Yep, you're supposed to laugh.

She looks like an absolute Queen while she runs. For anyone who didn't watch the race, she kept cool a hundred feet back from the lead group while they duked it out for the first 35km and then she made her move. Her pace coming into the stadium was just incredible...Sigh...

3 comments:

Nancy Toby said...

My question is, "How can I get Jesus to run MY marathons?"

I'll wait patiently for an answer on that one. I need to know within 8 weeks, though.

Tea said...

It is just amazing to see those elite athletes run.

btw-Are you a John Irving fan? I really enjoy his books.

Carrie said...

That was a really funny joke.