Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Paris I

I thought Paris was going to be this wonderful, relaxing vacation weekend. It was...sort of...and if any part of it wasn't it was totally my fault. I accepted a speaking engagement for my book on the evening before we were to fly from Bologna to CDG airport. On paper it always looks easy, but the reality meant me being in Milan at 8.00 p.m. - finishing at 11.00 p.m. and getting home at 2.00 a.m. ----- I then set my alarm for 4.00 a.m. and plane take off was at 7.15 a.m.

I can get by on little sleep, but this was too much. The first thing we did was take Evan to Eurodisney and we got there at about 12.30 p..m. after dropping off our luggage at the hotel and taking a few metros left and right to get across the city. Here's a lovely picture of me in line getting crepes to eat. When I'm sleep deprived I just take any any minute I can to relax and catch up. It helps and allows me not to completely fall apart.


Evan's favourite ride was the cars. He couldn't believe that they let him actually drive! The accelerator was a little difficult for him to work so he asked me to do that for him...By the way, when I was a small girl this too was my favorite ride at Disneyland in L.A.




No comments: