Saturday, April 22, 2006

Not always what you think...



This photo has nothing to do with my entry, I just thought I'd put it up 'cause Evan's a sun- shiny kind of kid that is always smiling and happy. He makes me happy and smiley too!

I went to a new doctor in Milan a few weeks ago. For the new and memory lapsed, I'm having trouble with perimenopause, I like to look into alternative medicine thus, the new doctor. He had me do a food intolerance test and talked about how I should eat. That merits a whole other entry so I'll do that at a later date. ANYWAY, he asked me to do a few blood tests to look at my hormone levels. My sister in law is a lab tech so I had her do the tests and she decided to include everything else she could think of. I got them back and noted that I have iron levels at an all time low. I've been really really tired and sleepy and lethargic. I am so happy to know that there is a cure! For your info I looked at the Sideremia (Iron). Normal levels are 50 - 160mcg/100 ml. Mine were at 2. Two! And the minimum is fifty. Sheesh...I'm still waiting to hear back from the doctor on this (It's a never ending holiday over here between Easter, Liberation day and Labor day), but I'm pretty sure the new diet will take care of it. Just to be on the safe side I'm taking a supplement until I hear from him. It's only been a few days but already I feel better. I didn't even have to take a nap yesterday!

No comments: